Art , from Latin ars, is a concept that mentions human creations that reflect the sensitive vision of the real or imaginary world. The literature , the painting and the theater they are some of the disciplines of art, which in prehistory had a ritual function and that, over time, mutated towards aesthetics and leisure.
From Latin modernus ("recent" ), modern is that belonging to or relative to a time recent or at weather Who is he talking about? Typically, the modern is considered as opposed to the classical.
The notion of modern Art , therefore, refers to the artistic production created since the end of the 19th century . As with the idea of contemporary art , the expression can be linked to different historical times.
There are many figures that we could highlight as representatives of modern art. However, among the most significant are the following:
• Pablo Picasso, the Malaga painter noted for being one of the parents of Cubism and has bequeathed important works such as "Las Señoritas de Avignon", "El Guernica" or "The dream".
• Salvador Dali. This Catalan stood out both in the field of painting and sculpture and even in Literature. Among his most famous works, the painting entitled "The persistence of memory" should be highlighted.
• Claude Monet. As the creator of the movement called Impressionism, this French painter who made works of great importance and recognition as "The Saint-Lazare station", "The water lilies" or "The London parliament during sunset" is known.
• Marcel Duchamp. This French artist, meanwhile, has gone down in history as the great inspiration of the pop movement. Without a doubt, his best known work is the one entitled “The source”.
• Paul Cezanne. Within the post-impressionism we can say that this French painter is framed from which paintings such as "The card players", "The great bathers" or "Still life with apples and oranges" stand out.
For some experts, modern art is what opposite to academic or traditional art . Modern art, in this sense, is related to the Vanguard Yet the experimentation . Other specialists associate modern art with Contemporary age , so I would have started to mid 18th century .
On a general level it can be said that modern art is a way of considering the aesthetics and function of art, where the main value is not the literal and exact representation of the nature . After the development of photography, which accurately reflects reality, modern artists proposed new views on nature.
Given the value of modern art, there are many museums and exhibition centers around the world that specialize in it. Specifically, among the most significant spaces of this type are the following: the MOMA in New York, the Tate Modern in London or the Museum of Modern Art (M.A.M) in Madrid.
The historical stadium that follows modern art is the postmodern art , which for many emerged in the decade of 1970 in rejection of the idea of modernity.