The Frankish word hapja he came to French as hache, which in Spanish became ax . This is called a tool consisting of a mango and of a cutting steel blade .
Axes are usually used to cut trees and to cut wood . However, throughout history they were also used as weapons , even throwing them. That is why there are different types of axes.
In general, it can be said that an ax consists of a wooden handle - which the user must take with one or both hands - and a metal edge attached to the handle. The person you must make the edge impact strongly on the surface you intend to cut.
The origins of the ax date back to prehistoric times, when the man held polished or carved stones to a stick to create a weapon that allowed him to defend himself or attack other humans or wild animals. Over the years, they began to elaborate the edges started with metal.
Axes manufactured at level military they are called axes of war . Unlike the common axes used for cutting and cutting, these war axes have a longer handle and a sharper blade. He viking ax or danish and the Francisco Ax They are two kinds of war axes.
Is called tomahawk to an ax used by American aborigines and European settlers several centuries ago. In addition to being used in the fight body In full, the tomahawk ax was used as a throwing weapon.
The idea ax, on the other hand, can refer to a wax candle large in the shape of a quadrangular prism or a wick of tar and esparto that does not go out despite the wind.
Today, many people use the ax in their routine, both at home and at work, as it has become a very useful tool. It is important to note that the ax not only serves to cut logs but can also be used to prune plants whose branches are too thick for conventional scissors. In spite of the practicality that the ax can offer and that it is not a particularly expensive product at monetary level, we must know the recommendations of use and the risks of its incorrect handling, both by our security as for those around us.
Let's see below some of the fundamental points that we must keep in mind when using an ax:
* the recommended angle for using an ax is between 45 ° and 60 °;
* it is important to hold it firmly by the handle, to prevent it from coming off unexpectedly;
* the view must be fixed in the area we are trying to cut so that hits Be more effective. Note that looking at the edge of the ax is a very common trend, as well as looking at the end of the racket when playing tennis (instead of the ball), but in both cases it is a little recommended action;
* keeping up with the ax with the ax is also essential for greater effectiveness . In this way we significantly reduce physical fatigue;
* In addition to wielding the ax firmly, it is important to keep your hands a safe distance from the area that will impact the wood;
* We should never use a dull or shabby ax. It is advised to check the sheet and make sure it is firmly attached to the handle;
* If someone accompanies us during the felling or pruning task, it is recommended to indicate that it is located about ten meters away.